Sunday, November 27, 2011

CrazyEngineers Forum - Mechanical & Civil Engineering

CrazyEngineers Forum - Mechanical & Civil Engineering


Rack and Pinion Tooth Design

Posted: 26 Nov 2011 07:25 PM PST

Hey everyone, I found this forum while trying to do some research on rack and pinion tooth design. I'm having trouble getting my teeth to match up and I'm hoping I can get some help. My only concern at the moment is making the teeth match so that I can create a 3D model. I was attempting to get dimensions for the addendum and dedendum as well as the tooth thickness based on my pitch circle radius (1 inch), a certain number of teeth (arbitrary for now) and a pressure angle of 20 degrees. If someone could please help me out with finding formulas for my tooth geometry based on the dimensions I have, I would really appreciate it. Also, if you are aware of any useful resources that may help me out, please send them my way.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment