Monday, November 14, 2011

CrazyEngineers Forum - Mechanical & Civil Engineering

CrazyEngineers Forum - Mechanical & Civil Engineering


What sensors can measure the horizontal and vertical speed of a ball

Posted: 14 Nov 2011 11:38 AM PST

Basically I am trying to develop a system which would allow me to measure the vertical and horizontal speeds of a table tennis ball. I am planning to interface this system with a controller that would move a hydraulic. So far my research has shown that speed can be found using triangulation in a vision system, however this way requires complicated programming. As a mechanical engineering student I am looking to solve this problem without going to far out of my area. I am wondering if any one knows of any speed sensors I could use.

No comments:

Post a Comment