Saturday, October 29, 2011

CrazyEngineers Forum - Chemical & Metallurgy Engineering

CrazyEngineers Forum - Chemical & Metallurgy Engineering


my final year project inquiries

Posted: 29 Oct 2011 10:18 AM PDT

hello every one here,i hope u r doing well>>>> this sem i am going to apply for my final year project,,,,,, and actually i am confused which area of research i should to choose. and my question is any relationship between the final year project and my future job?? my faculty offer some areas of research like environmental( waste water and water treatment) , reaction, modeling and optimization, so pls guys i need some advice to overcome this situation....






carburizing of medium carbon steel

Posted: 29 Oct 2011 01:56 AM PDT

Dear All,
Let me introduce first. I am new to this forum. Myself Amit from India. This sounds real crazy to do carburizing for a medium to high carbon steel but we have a requirement to do carburizing on SAE1065 material.
Our aim is to enrich the carbon on the surface to 0.9 to 1%. After that this materials will go for a surface coating process which requires carbon underneath the surface.
Can anyone tell me what is the method to check the ECD for this kind of carburizing? Whether microhardness traverse method will be able to distinguish any hardness deflection point correspond to ECD?

Regards
Amit

No comments:

Post a Comment