Tuesday, October 18, 2011

CrazyEngineers Forum - Chemical & Metallurgy Engineering

CrazyEngineers Forum - Chemical & Metallurgy Engineering


DIY steel silver alloy

Posted: 18 Oct 2011 10:24 AM PDT

Hello everyone,

I want to alloys steel with silver or gold or platina. How can I do this?
I read in a book that by making a battery using a silver electrode and a steel electrode the result would be a silver steel molecule wich would settle at the bottom of the battery as sludge after each time the battery is recharged. Is this right? What happens in a steel silver battery if it is recharged, is there a steel silver molecule as a result?

If I wanted to melt the two metals together using a 7kw induction heater how would I go about to blend these two metals? Would I use a flux? what crucible would be resistant to the alloy and flux? How do I make them homogenous? How do I go about the whole procedure from start to finnish?

Mr Alloyau

No comments:

Post a Comment