Wednesday, September 28, 2011

CrazyEngineers Forum - Mechanical & Civil Engineering

CrazyEngineers Forum - Mechanical & Civil Engineering


Shell and Tube Evaporator Design

Posted: 28 Sep 2011 02:42 AM PDT

Dear all,

Its the first time that i am designing the shell and tube type evaporator and for this i have made an excel sheet for ease of calculations but i am not sure and content whether i have done right or wrong and for this i have attached my calculation sheet for you to check and comment if i am wrong any where. My design is based on the following information:

Refrigerant = R404
Capacity = 145 kW
Liquid = 23% concentrated sodium chloride solution
Liquid in= -9 deg. Centigrade
Liquid out = -10 deg. centigrade
flow = 141 cubic meter per hour
evaporating temp = -13 deg centigrade
condensing temp = 30 deg centigrade

I request this forum to check my sheet and comment as early as possible as i have to give my design to manufacturing deptt.

Thanks in advance.

As its my first post thats why i dont know how to attach files, so plz guide me to attach the files

No comments:

Post a Comment