Tuesday, May 31, 2011

CrazyEngineers Forum - Mechanical & Civil Engineering

CrazyEngineers Forum - Mechanical & Civil Engineering


has anybody done cam and follower in solidworks?HEEEEEEEELPPPPPPPPP

Posted: 31 May 2011 01:41 PM PDT

please can u explain me the fields/inputs for cam profile that solidworks toolbox cams requires us to enter...i dont understand them...why does it make a cam with grooves..i do not want a cam with grooves...

there is an example from theory of machines by khurmi and gupta..by far the best book on machines(page 794 chapter 20 CAMs example 20.5)...plese see the cam profile generated using the given data(the required motion). i am unable to relate this to the cam toolbox in solidworks...u c it has prime circle,base circle,pitch circle,cam profile....whereas the cam tool box in solidworks requires inputs which i am unaware of and i am sure unless i understand cams in soliworks i cannot make a drawing which can be manufactured to my requirements..plz help me..the example is the same which i desire except that the follower should rise to an angle of 120 degreees instead of 20 degrees as given in the example...and i do not want to it dwell.actually i will couple this cam with a stepper motor..so u know it has pulses or steps of pre defined degrees..thank you...

plese help..i m desperate and running out of time..i was given this assignment a month back..and i have been groping and struggling doing this on solidworks..

Looking for help with the course " Sounds and Vibrations "

Posted: 31 May 2011 05:46 AM PDT

Hello Guys:

I am student of Electrical Engineering, but during my masters i have taken the course " Sounds and Vibrations " which is more related to Mechanical Engineering.

I am looking for some one expert with this course, who can help me in understand few questions. If you think that you are good with the course, post here or message me, so that we can discuss it. Even if you want me to pay you, i am ready for that as well.

Need some help with Mechanical Engineering and Machining terms

Posted: 31 May 2011 02:02 AM PDT

Hi guys, I am a student of the Electrical and Computer department of University of Toronto and I am going through a thesis titled A power assessment of Machining tools by David Kordonowy.

I am new to mechanical engineering and there are a few terms and concepts related to machining (especially CNC machining) that is not at all familiar with, I hope you can help me with some of these.

I already know the general terms such as milling, turning (lathe), material removal rate... which at first I was not very clear on, here are the terms that I need help with:

1. The author used the word "cut" very generally. Is drilling considered "cutting"?

2. What does the terms "loaded" and "unloaded" mean? For example I don't really understand the phase "unloaded hydraulic motor". Does it mean that it is in operation?

3. When does "feeding" occur? And why its unit is defined as (inch/rev) if feed means that the component moves the workpiece linearly?

4. How does the "phase" of a motor defines the property of a motor? What is a 3 phase or single phased motor?

Lastly, there is an odd term called "flute" that is sometimes used in conjunction with "width" therefore becoming flute width. I am not at all clear as to what this maybe I don't know if you could help out.

Thank you in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment