Wednesday, March 30, 2011

CrazyEngineers Forum - Mechanical & Civil Engineering

CrazyEngineers Forum - Mechanical & Civil Engineering


Car Safety Graduation Project

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 01:32 PM PDT

Hey CE. I'm new to the site but I've read through multiple posts and it's refreshing to find engineers helping each other out like this. I mostly see pricks here where I am.

Anyway I was ranting off topic. My Graduation Project supervisor wants me and the rest of my "team" to develop a vehicle safety system to reduce casualties during frontal impacts at high speeds.

Thing is, that's all he said. We've worked on it for a while so far and here are a couple of directions we have:

1) Pre-Brake the car using Magnetic or regenerative brakes when the car detects an imminent collision.

2) Extend an additional bumper connected to aluminum foam rods to partially absorb some of the energy generated during the collision.

Any other suggestions or improvements?

Oh yeah he also wants us to use a theory of innovation called "TRIZ 40" to create the product. I find it rather.... unappealing to me since it's quite vague in its solutions.

how to develop a compound cylinders......please help

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 12:43 AM PDT

i know the yeild strength of the material i.e 1650mpa and working pressure inside the container is 1427mpa but the max tensile strength inside the container is 825 mpa as pressure inside the container exceeds the maxtensile stress with single cylinder it cant with stand i need to develop a cylinder which should with stand 825mpa so i need to do the compound cylinder how to do this please help

No comments:

Post a Comment