Monday, November 29, 2010

CrazyEngineers Forum - Electrical & Electronics Engineering

CrazyEngineers Forum - Electrical & Electronics Engineering


Another silly question regarding the transmissability of power.

Posted: 29 Nov 2010 01:06 AM PST

I am back with another silly doubt of mine!:hehehe:
Suppose I have a power plant of my own. I can produce 20MW of power. But the substation near my plant has users who only consume a total of 3MW of power. Before I start up my plant, I studied the sub-station.Its a 33/11kV substation. I saw that it is initially consuming power from another substation with is a 132/33kV substation. A thought struck my mind. If I do supply the 33/11kV substation with all my power, can I be able to connect and transfer my power to the 132/33kV substation? That is, if I give 20MW to the 33/11kV substation, will it export the excess power back to the 132/33kV grid? I can't connect the power plant directly to the 132/33kV substation as it is 40km away. Laying down 40km of transmission line will make my investors really unhappy.


I require the answer for this question really fast. Please let me know about it. Thank you.
Again, sorry for taking time.

using RFID how to sense a device like camera

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 04:24 PM PST

HI Folks , i got an idea as present days piracy has been tremendously influenced the indian film industry, using RFID how to detect a device like camera and to cause harm to it . This is my first thread .Friends im waiting for your replies.

Thankyou.

Why transformer is a passive circuit?

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 05:44 AM PST

Can anyone help me out in explaining why transformers are considered as passive circuits. Transformers performs by stepping up/down voltage/current,changes low input power to high output and vice versa.

But these are the basic definitions of an active device.A transistor also does this.Then why is transformer called a passive device?

Plz help me fellows:rolleyes:

PLC Based Project

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 03:17 AM PST

Hello am looking around for a PLC based project to do pliz advice thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment